Friday, October 30, 2015

A New Dream



So, it is time you all know that Rapunzel is my favorite princess. From her spunky, adventurous personality, to her creative purple wearing tendencies, this girl speaks to my soul. I even dressed up as the brunette version of her last year and this year for Halloween. (Never pass up an opportunity to dress like a princess!)

The movie as several themes but one of them seems to be, "Have a dream, and be bold enough to go and live it." This plays out with Rapunzel wishing to go and see the "floating lights" and at last having the courage to do so.

I love finding bits of myself in other's stories, so when I saw a piece of my life in Rapunzel's life I did a happy dance on the inside. Okay, maybe on the outside too.

You see, when I was sick, all I could think about was getting better and going to school. I have been longingly staring out the windows in my life, wondering what it would be like to at last be well enough to go away to college. In this perfect dream, I would go to a private Christian college even though at the time I didn't think I could ever afford that. God actually shaped and allowed my dream to be realized in ways I didn't think were possible. 

He gave me a hope and a future.

He gave me my dream.

And now I am here, at college, and it is everything I thought it would be. More actually. I could not have orchestrated such a perfect place to complete my education. I could not have designed a better environment to live in. And I could not have dreamed of the passion God has instilled in my soul. 

I have my dream... Now what?

In the words of Flynn Rider, I get to go and find a new dream. And I have to tell you, this dream searching thing is both wonderful and terrifying. The possibilities are so endless I scare myself sometimes contemplating them all. The "what ifs" can go on forever. 

My new normal finds me in search of a new dream

-Rachael

No comments:

Post a Comment